Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Missing The Hubby...

I know, it's been like a week since I last blogged!  The Hubby has been out of town since Thursday and it feels like forever!  I know many of you have spouse's that travel, so you'll understand.

As many of you know, we have a business in the Philippines.  Mark has to go about 2-3 times a year and to be honest,  it just sucks!  We miss him so much when he is gone!  We try to Skype with him once a day, at least but he is so busy there, sometimes it's hard.   All day long, Eric puts his hand on his cheek, which means, "Call Daddy?"  It is so hard because I know he understands that Daddy is far away.  Afterall, this is about the 4th time he has gone for a month at a time.  One time he had to be gone for 2 1/2 months.  It just sucked!

Not only is Eric a "Daddy's Boy", but he is my best friend.  We miss him terribly while he is away. Mark definitely tries to be a "hands on" Dad, but because he works so much he struggles with his time.  Eric is so lucky though, Mark works from home.  Eric barges in on him at least 3-4 times a day and makes him take a break.  I have to admit, sometimes I let Eric barge in!  =)  One time Eric pointed to Daddy and then signed "all done"...Daddy all done!  He amazes us with his receptive language!

Thank Goodness for Yoga this afternoon.  I am trying a new babysitter out today...fingers crossed!  We call her "Deli Girl"  cuz she works at a local deli nearby that we visit often because they have this fake Parrot Eric is obsessed with!  =)  Actually, VERY Eric friendly place!  Wide halls, he can run without plowing into people!  =)

Well,  I only have an hour before I have to pick Mr Eric up from school and I have some "Brother's & Sister's" to catch up on!  =)

Til Next time,

Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment