Saturday, January 29, 2011

Headaches??...

Since I was a child, I have always had headaches.  I remember getting sick from having such horrible headaches. The room needed to be pitch dark.  There could be no noise, whatsoever.  My Mom said that before I could talk, I would be screaming, pointing to my head.  As I got older, she realized I really was getting headaches, even that young. 

Mark and I think Eric has headaches, as well.  He wakes in the middle of the night, quite often, crying, like he is in pain.  Which is abnormal for Eric.  He is usually so happy!  I would say they started when he was about 2 years old.  It is the hardest thing in the world, to have a child that can't tell you exactly what the problem is.

The other night, Eric had one of these nights.  Another headache.  He woke up screaming.  I asked him "Where does it hurt?"  He pointed to his head.  I would say most of Eric's communication is by pointing.  So, I asked him if he needed some Motrin.  He says "Nah" for no.  So, trying not to be an overbearing parent, I tuck him back in and try to lay with him to settle him down.  These days, Eric is all about Daddy.  He only wants Daddy to lay with him.  He only wants Daddy to feed him.  He only wants to sit next to Daddy when we eat out.  He is definitely a "Daddy's Boy".  So, I called Mark from Eric's room.  He layed with him to see if he could get him settled.  Now, keep in mind, Eric is crying super loud the whole time we are trying to figure out everything to get him to calm down.  Every time he gets a headache, this is the way the process goes.  After 2 hours of this, he finally agrees that he should take some Motrin.  Not kidding, the second I give him the Motrin, he calmed down, layed his head on the pillow and conked out!  I have no idea where he gets his stubbornness from!  ;)  I cherished the time before I had Eric, when I got great amounts of sleep. =)  Who needs sleep anyway?

Do your kids get headaches?  Please share...

Til next time,
Shauna

No comments:

Post a Comment