Thursday, January 13, 2011

About Eric



Eric is the Joy in my life!  He is always smiling and laughing.  He has cerebral palsy as well as seizures and you would never know by how happy he is.  He has always been developmentally behind.  Did not crawl until he was 14 months.  He army scooted before that.  He started walking at 3years old.  We were so proud on that day.  Having a child with special needs there is always a feeling of "Will he lead a normal life?"  "Will he walk, talk, run, play with kids?"  Those are all questions in my mind EVERYDAY!!!  There is so much uncertainty when your child has a disability.  The crap part!  The only thing I know for sure is Eric was brought into my life to make me stronger.  God does not give you anything you cannot handle.  That is my motto!  Having Eric around is 24/7.  I am sure all kids take tons of work but Eric has enough energy for 5 people!  Hard to keep up!  On a daily basis he is falling and tripping.  We have been to the emergency room so many times I can't even count!  He has had stitches 3 places already!  One being totally my fault...accidentally slamming his finger in the door! =(  He always has a bruise or 2 on his face.  He wears a helmet quite often.  He is so strong minded!  He knows he is different from the other kids but he tries so hard to do what they all do.  The simple things like...eating with a fork and spoon  are extremely hard for him.  His core is weak and that's why he falls all the time.  Life with a special needs child is very hard, yet very rewarding!  I would not change my life for the world.  I am so lucky to even be able to be a Mom.  I ALWAYS try to stay positive in my life.  Seeing Eric smile makes it easy.  He is a true blessing.  I love him more than anything!




Til Next time,
Shauna













1 comment:

  1. I agree with your motto that "God doesn't give me more than I can handle", I just wish he didn't trust me so much." The last part is the addition to that motto..

    ReplyDelete