Thursday, January 20, 2011

On a daily basis...

On a daily basis I am trying to keep Eric busy.  He goes to school 4 days a week, only until 12noon.  After that its a long day!  There are many things that a child with special needs cannot do!  Since we got our first snow, Eric has not really wanted to go outside much.  It is extremely hard for him to walk slow and steady.  So walking in the snow is even harder.  We have a daily battle of what to do with our days here.  It seemed in Westlake, we had so many friends and family around all the time, there was always somewhere to be.  Here,  life is just slower ...there is a ton to do outdoors but Eric tires so quick its  hard.  I thought it would be easier to make friends here but so far I have met people but no friendships have evolved.  I find it so hard because I don't want to live in the past but we have no friends here yet so I cling to my old life.  I miss my friends.  I miss our playdates.  I miss a lot. I thought we would meet other parents from his class but it seems most of the parents work so thats tough.    I joined a meetup group here in Tahoe, hopefully meet some families that way.  Also, enrolled in the college as well as a Wellness Center to meet people.  All of these reasons are what got me to thinking...maybe I should start that blog, afterall?!  I know it will get better.  At least I have my boys in my life!

Til nextime,
Shauna

2 comments:

  1. It has been a year since we have moved BACK to UT. We have some of our really good old friends but it has been really hard to find good friends in our area with similar family values... and now it is hard to find the time to get together! I joined the Moms Club which helps but with kids at such different stages and schools it just hasn't worked out..... YET!!! I still have hope!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann! Good to know I am not the only one! I am sure its hard when you have 3 kiddies! =)

    ReplyDelete